Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Change, it's what we need!

Hi there, my name is Kayli Valentino, and I'm a Freshman at Point Park University. In less than 3 days, I will be well on my way to Washington D.C. for the Presidential Inauguration. I have been to D.C. once before, almost 6 years ago so I am well past due. When my CF (community facilitator) told me about the trip, I was all for it. Thankfully, I was chosen to represent my floor (the silver screen) and be one of the few going to this historical event. I am so excited because I just turned 18 this past March and this was my first Presidential Election. I was able to cast my vote and the candidate I voted for won!! One day, I will be able to tell my children and eventually grandchildren not only did I vote for Obama, but I was able to go to D.C. and take part in the Inauguration festivities. I cant wait, it's going to be such a great time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment